Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Off to market I go.




Yes, you heard it right! No more procrastinating, well maybe a little.

It's time to take my little stock pile of jams I've been tucking away all summer and get them to the market so that you can all give them a try.
I've been busy whipping up labels, thinking up new flavours for fall and winter and spending a lot of time in the test kitchen.

Which brings me to today's Willy Wonka moment downstairs in my "lab".

Today's flavour of the week is....drum roll please........Green apple and Stout Jelly!!!!
Now before you get all weirded out just let me reassure you that there are MANY different beer jellies out there both on the market and as recipes posted online and they are all tried and true delicioso.

So, I took some artistic license and made my own simple and delicious creation.

Let me give you a little peek into my mind and taste buds first.
You see, my all time favourite beer based drink is a Crown Float. Which is simply Strongbow apple cider and glorious Guinness. It looks a little something like this.




As new parents, Hubby and I would often get a babysitter and tootle on down to the Original Joe's in Calgary on dates nights. We could drink copious amounts of this stuff while taking a moment to discuss the highs and lows of our day and compose ourselves after a hard day of "parenting".

I liked Crown Floats so much in liquid form, why not try it in a solid state?????

Here's where I'm going with this.

I'm thinking crusty bread, maybe pumpernickel, with some nice aged cheddar cheese, meat of your choice....may I suggest roast beef? But don't stop there, maybe some green apple slices thrown in there or some caramelised onions???
THEN....top it all off with a generous slathering of Green apple and Stout jelly.


If that sounds like your kind of sandwich then come and see me at the Coldstream Elementary School market this month. (And NO, I won't be selling sandwiches, just the jellies!!!)
It's from 6pm until 8pm on the 15th of November at the new Coldstream School.

I will also be a vendor at the Lavington Bazaar on December 9th in the school gym. I will follow up with some times as they are announced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment