Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I heart Strawberries.


So a busy week of jamming , I posted my new flavours on facebook and have been selling my goodies via word of mouth...no overhead, it's working out fabulously. If this keeps up I may have to quit my day job (sorry kids) and take jamming on full time.
I used up all my berries from the u-pick and am looking forward to another trip next week. If anyone has any flavour suggestions that they would like to see then drop me a line......I dare you.....I'll do it!!!
Here's a list of what I've made so far:

Strawberry Lavender...looks like strawberry, tastes like heaven.
Strawberry Ginger...wee little chunks of candied ginger floating around in the strawberry jam...just hanging out.
Strawberry Rhubarb...Kinda old fashioned but kicked it up with a little cinnamon and cardamom.
Plain Jayne.....named after moi....just plain and sweet.
and.......drum roll please...
Strawberry Habanero....need I say more?????

For all you local Lavington people, if you're craving berries don't forget to check out Zelaney's on Petworth drive for all your seasonal fruit and vegetables. Or find them at the Vernon Framers Market every Monday and Thursday.
I've not been for a visit yet to check out their strawberries, I hear their carrots are ready too.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids so I'm looking forward to nicer weather, more jammin' and little hands to help out around here!!!
Look out summer, here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment